Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Two weeks to go...

There are only two weeks to go before the big trip. I guess you might want to know how the trip came about, eh? The program I am going with is called IAESTE, and is an acronym for International Association of Exchange Students for Technical Experience. It is an earful it's true, and it is a pretty neat internship program. It is one of those acronyms that doesn't really need elaboration. Not like the YMCA, I still don't get that one. Anyway, after a long wait period, I found out in March that I was headed to Germany for the summer. It was almost overwhelming to get together all the material, but it all worked out. It's exciting, but I also am a bit anxious.

I am so happy that I at least have some time before I go. After the obligatory few days of doing nothing to recover after exams/ lack of sleep/ crazy jumble of material in the head, I can be up and about. Coming back, finally the family can spend a few seconds together before separating again. I also get a chance to go up and see my sassy friend Kate graduate. Being there for last year's ceremony, I can only imagine that this one will be just as big and impressive. I shouldn't have been too surprised. If there is anything that I have learned living here for five years is that the saying is true, everything IS bigger in Texas.


There are lots of odds and ends to take care of as well. Packing, saying goodbye to friends, more packing, etc. Though I will be able to see friends and family on the other side of the Atlantic, it still is a really big flight to take.

Kind of random...The year has gone by so fast, especially the semester. I just wanted to say it, so there it is.

In Newfie: Abra, hope all is well in land of the emerald isle. Marieke I will chat with you soon. Franny, thanks for calling, hope all is smooth.

In Texas: Ana, crazy gal. Christina: the saga begins, he he he. Tiffany you keep doing your own thing. Kate, you sweet Irish lass. Cecilia, the new # is a great idea and a fresh start. Heather: Markovnikov would be proud.


Until next time "Jordi La Forge, why must you disappear in a cloaked disguise?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home